The Tala chair is an example of exquisite craftsmanship, with a skilfully carved gmelina frame and woven seagrass seat. The foldable design is both sturdy and sculptural, practical to use as an everyday chair or fold for compact storage.
Our collection supports and embraces the handcrafted journey in traditional craftsmanship. Using organic and native materials, it is with great pride that we embrace and represent the work of our Filipino artisans and surrounding regions.
- Width: 420mm
- Depth: 500mm
- Leg Height: 450mm
- Backrest Height: 440mm
- Overall Height: 900mm
- No assembly required.
- Gmelina wood with a grey finish and natural muslin uph remarks.
- Designed by En Gold Directors, Steff and Matt, named after their daughter Daisy. This is their first co-designed piece.
- This chair has been designed for a stool seating approach to dining. The soft upholstered, thick cushioned seat offers the main support where the backrest is designed as an aesthetic element, rather than a true back support.
Moving & Caring
- Please take care when moving your piece. Do not push or drag along ground as this may cause structural damage. Always use two people to lift and place your piece down gently in place. Avoid using the item for any purpose other than it's designed used, this includes standing on top of the item.
- Avoid contact with substances that contain an acidic component (such as citric foods/drinks or some sticky tapes) as they may cause etching. Avoid leaving moisture or wet substances on the surface of your item for extended periods as this may cause damage to the finish of the stain.
To clean simply use a damp soft, clean cloth to wipe the surface. Avoid any abrasive or harsh cleaning products that are not specifically designed for this material.